Are you interested in seeing how development works on the ground? Looking to find out more about how small NGOs operate? Or do you want to have a better understanding of the issues of education and sport in the context of Ghana?
KickStart Ghana offers individuals or groups of students the chance to undertake development education trips in Ghana. These trips will allow students to get a real understanding of how a small NGO works in Ghana; exploring issues such as fundraising, monitoring and evaluation, outreach and local engagement and discuss development topics. These trips will also give students a chance to create personal development plans and ideas on how to contribute to KickStart Ghana’s work once they have returned home.
There will also be opportunities to meet with other NGOs and see historical landmarks that make Ghana such a fascinating place to visit.
Please refer to our example itinerary to see what your trip could entail.
During my time in Ghana I learnt more about development than I did from books behind my desk as I came to understand what it really means and how it works on the micro level. It was a unique opportunity to engage with all the stakeholders.
Anna Vindics, LSE MSc Social Policy graduate 2015. Read more about Anna’s experience on our blog.
Dates: 27th August to 10th September 2016.
Cost: £600 of fundraising. Please refer to our fundraising guide.
- A donation to KickStart Ghana’s work
- Pre-trip support and training including personal goal setting
- Airport pickup when you arrive
- Airport drop-off when you leave
- One night’s accommodation at a hotel in Accra on your first night
- Transport from Accra to Ho and back to Accra at the end
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner each weekday
- Accommodation for your entire stay
- Arrival orientation
- 24-hour support
- The use of a safe in the house for personal belongings
- Entry fees to tours undertaken during the week as part of the learning trip
However, volunteers are responsible for arranging their own:
- Personal insurance (e.g. health insurance, insurance for belongings)
- Phone Calls
- Internet Access
- Meals at the weekend
- Personal travel during weekends
To apply please complete our application form.